Text and keep in contact with your head coach! They will get you on the water!
HOW DOES THIS ALL WORK?
- We have 5 Head Coaches who organize their group/team providing fishing opportunities with them personally or with an assistant coach.
- These are "practice fishing" opportunities. Coaches might be teaching a specific technique, pattern, skill, or ? You are not necessarily just fishing/catching.
- We will have shore fishing opportunities for larger groups with teaching opportunities.
- Each head coach is organized a little bit differently. It is your responsibility to keep in contact with your coach for that month and schedule fishing opportunities.
- Each coach will let you know where to meet, what the plan for fishing is, who you will be fishing with.
- Some coaches are available during day time hours in the summer! You may go fishing at 7am or 5pm.
- Typical fishing times are 2-3 hours each time
- Come prepared!
- Groups switch once per month following each of our local tourneys. This is so you get a new set of coaches to learn from and meet.
- This monthly time period also coincides with our FishDonkey App online tournament.
- Coaches communicate between each other to make sure kids are getting the opportunity to fish and at times share a local "hot bite" or tips to help make the experiences as enjoyable as possible.
- These groups are picked with several intentional thoughts in mind. We do not specifically put tournament partners, parent picks or best friends together when formatting these practice groups.
As a High School team we are extremely fortunate to have volunteer coaches who help. These coaches are dedicated to our team and want to teach students everything from the basics to more advanced techniques of Bass Fishing. Coaches teach in the classroom and on the water. Once fishing opener comes we want to do our best to get as many kids fishing as we can. Thank you Coaches for volunteering! We could not do it without you!
OUT OF RESPECT FOR OUR COACHES:
- Keep in contact with your coach for the month!
- Show up on time
- Come prepared
- Clean up after yourself
- Always look for opportunities to help the coach. ex. loading/unloading, cleaning up boat
- If you have to cancel do so with plenty of advance notification as possible
- No sunflower seeds in boats
- No Colored Drinks in boats
- Stay off your cellphone!
- Ask questions and be engaging
Our team of coaches have added some videos to the bass team website that we feel are valuable. Grow your knowledge of fishing by watching these and other Youtube Videos. Make the best of your down time!
Each day, using some type of target (paper plates, coffee cups, ice cream buckets) set up a practice area and practice your casting. Everything from sidearm, overhand, backhand with your spin rods AND flipping, pitching, casting with your bait cast rod.
- Polymer Knot
- Fishermans/Rapala/Improved Clinch Knot
- Double Uni Knot or Alberto Knot - the Klimek Knot for tying braid to mono/fluro.
You should be quick and proficient at these 3.
2 Rod/Reel Combos - 1 Baitcast / 1 Spinning
- Spooled full and correctly
- No large treble hook lures attached
- Snaps and Single Hooks are Ok
Back Pack with:
- Tackle Kit / Small Boxes
- Water/Water Bottle (No colored gatorades)
- Pliers/Hook Out
- Light Snack (No sunflower seeds)
- Ball Cap
- Sunglasses - Safety (Preferably Polarized)
- Life Jacket
- Rain Jacket
How to be prepared - Ideas and suggestions!